Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Call of Pain

Whenever I'm in pain
I resist crying out
but to turn into the Light
to seek the reason, the purpose
and to be that reason and that purpose

To seek the face of God
to cling to his hands
to smother myself in his bosom
to know his heart and his mind
to learn of him
to hear Him speak
to recognise His voice
in its various forms
in its many types
always fresh, peaceable and gentle

To renew my trust
to believe him yet again
to be strengthened and comforted
to be exhalted in his revelations
to glimpse the might and the power of his hands
to be assured that he is true
and will not betray the longings
he has put in my heart
but even more so will accomplish far more than is imaginable
and I will forget all the pain when the day arrives

And I will sing and soar
in song and praise
to declare him to all
for our God loves us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home