Monday, November 28, 2005

Hear my Cry, I am your servant

Hear my cry for I am your servant
I am your vessel to bear your name
for your name and for your works
for the sake of the elect
and for those you love
and whom you have called
even before the foundation of the earth

We are made for heaven
but the earth is not heaven
I am out of joint
And so are each and everyone of us
whom you have called
We are all out of joint
And I am in pain for us
even as surely you are too

This life bears down on us
with its anxieties and its pains
the meaninglessness of merely living
But we call to a life of faith
to live not by sight but in your name
that we may have live life more abundant

You will minister to us O Lord
And we know you know us and our pains
for you too have walked the earth in the flesh
And you shall touch us as only you can
I yearn to comfort those whom you have given me
But they are far away either in body or mind or spirit
But you O God are God, our Father
And you shall minister to us, whom you love,
in a way most wise, most succint, most intimate, and most true
that we may know you yet a little more
and faith shall triumph despite what life seems to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home